View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Nismo
400WHP or bust

Nismo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE3RX7 View Post
Nice car... yet another RE swapped FC in the works

No porting on stock RE exhaust?? I'd look into that one a bit more Even just opening the ports earlier would be a big advantage for that turbo (going on looks, not sure of the specs)...
The Sleeves have been swapped, the Turbo isn't as big as it looks really, the comp wheel is only 58mm on the exducer, and the turbine is about 71mm. Comp A/R is 50, and Turbine is 70. So It's going to have instant spool as is. It made 374whp on a TII with a Massive exhaust leak at the manifold to housing gasket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
Wanna double your money? I'll give you $600 for it. I need an RE for my FD

You need to DL the Motec V3 software........ it's fricken rediculous. I've been using it for almost a year now and I still can't remember where everything is

It's so nice though. I love it. I'll never use anything else.

At the very least I know Kevin already swapped the sleeves, I would agree though Bill, I like the exhaust porting on mine. All I did was open the port earlier, and smoot out the transitions. That and my little recirc plug. I swear that thing helps alot with AIT's.

Sigh.......... I've got this LS1 conversion that I need to finish so when the weather breaks in April I can hit the FD hard.

What's your anticipated completion date Kevin? You should get your canadian ass in gear and get it finished for DGRRX and caravan down with Joe
Someday I will go with a Motec, but I just bought a house, and I'm likely going to have to propose at some point so that will be one of the things i do later. No I am keeping this RE I bought it after I Built my last engine and wish I swapped it in.

What is this recirc plug?

I want to get it running for Deals gap, and tear it down next winter and let Joe get naughty with it. But we will see... I really need a Vmount hood, my piping should be no longer than 18".

1986 Base-RB Exhaust, HKS filter, Solid Aluminum motor mounts, S5 TII motor, ACT Clutch, HKS SSQV, Light Weight Flywheel, Haltech E6X, 720cc 2ndaries, Koni Yellows, Tein Springs Koyo Rad, 250 WHP 230 FTLBS Stock turbo, and stock IC at 10psi. RIP!!

The daily bitch- 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma- Trueflow airfilter, and Bilstein HD shocks.

2009 Toyota Corolla "S" TRD Filter... 40MPG

Last edited by Nismo; 11-19-2009 at 06:40 PM..
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote