View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE3RX7 View Post
Suspenseful man!

You'll be glad (or not) to know - I sold my FB and I am now 99% dedicated back to my FC project, so you'll have to come by sometime to check it out. The other 1% is to the 8... it needs a few things

I'll be interested to see what route you take w/ your radiator though as I'm using the same one...
Actually I am excited to hear that. I want pictures so snap away while you do it.

I just sent out a quote to get some flanges made from MPI. We'll see what happens.

I may have a local car guy tig weld in some slotted brackets for me. That may prove to be the easier of the two routes (compared to making a rack to hang it on). Beyond that I'm just waiting right now until my court date for the speeding ticket. I already just sent in the money for the faulty exhaust. It would cost me more to drive up to Culpeper to get it taken care of than it would be to just pay it out of pocket.

After that I'm planning on tearing into the car and stripping the engine down to nothing but the Keg. I'll then begin work on the engine bay (stripping the paint, sanding it down, drilling, running wires, running pipes, etc) and installing the radiator. This is going to be a fun time. I've been waiting about a year or so to get to this stage. I'll also probably be shipping off my spare ECU to get it turned into an RTek. Before that though I will have to make sure it works. I don't really trust it... mostly because I haven't tested it yet.

But back to those flanges I sent off to be quoted; I found some online and the total would come to a little over 40 (60 I think) bucks for everything I want. I'm going to see if MPI can beat that price. Then I'll have flanges of my own make! w00t!

edit: ECU has been shipped out!

Last edited by vex; 09-02-2008 at 08:31 AM..
vex is offline   Reply With Quote