View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
93rx7r1
Rotary Fan in Training

93rx7r1 is on a distinguished road

It has been a long time since I updated this thread! I actually forgot completely about it! I will pick up from where I left off on the initial post.

February 25, 2010:
I finally got Tein Flex Coils.

February 27, 2010:
I installed the coils. I'm still waiting on a few more parts from Mazda before I can get it back together 100%, but I'm getting there.

March 20, 2010:
I have the suspension back together & the coils adjusted to a ride height that I like. I was not looking for a "slammed" or "stanced" look. I just wanted to close the wheel gap up some. Soon I need to get some better wheels though!

July 24, 2010:
I was so very sick of the tan leather seats that the previous owner put in it. I have NO clue why he traded away the original black R1 seats for tan seats! I dyed the seats black. Much better looking now. I still would like to find some OEM R1 seats in the future though or just have these seats reupholstered. This will do for now though.

January 2011:
Finally got some proper wheels for the car, Work Emotion CR Kai 17x8 fronts / 17x9 rears & Sumitomo HTR Z III tires 235/45 fronts and 275/40 rears. I like the look of these wheels much much better & I have some actual meat on the backs!

June 26, 2011:
I had the Shine Auto RE-Amemiya Style "STREET" Diffuser on my future mods list, but then I had a friend message me that he was selling his & for what he wanted for it; it was a deal that I just could not refuse!

Winter of 2011/Beginning of 2012:
The winter parts pile: Bönez High Flow Cat, ETS FMIS, Synapse BOV, & OEM 850cc fuel injectors to be put in the primary fuel rail. Time to get out to the garage & get installing!

Feburary - March 2012:
Installing my stock pile of parts! I started with the FMIC because that I figured would take me the longest. Lost of work & there was some trimming to get it in there. They say a pic is worth 1000 words so I'll shut up & just put pics of the install.

After the FMIC install was done I put the high flow cat up in place. That was VERY simple!

I decided that modifying the primary fuel rail to fit the 850cc fuel injectors was more than I could handle. I didn't want to mess that up & have a fuel leak & then an engine fire! I decided I would let Speed 1 (formerly KDR Performance) do that & install them for me & also give my other work a look over. Once they had the injectors installed it was time for a dyno tuning session.

My car put down 318.23 RWHP & 279.89 FT-LBS of torque on 14psi. I am not going to push the stock twins any harder than that. At some point I do plan on going to a single turbo, but I am just going to enjoy what I have for now.

So after the tune in March, I've just done my preventative maintenance & enjoyed the car.

My FD3S Build Thread
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (daily)

Last edited by 93rx7r1; 08-21-2015 at 09:58 PM..
93rx7r1 is offline   Reply With Quote