View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #7
kyleandmariam
The Newbie

kyleandmariam is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately there is no history of the maintenance. I was driving the car on the weekend and we were out of town when the oil light came on. I immediately drove it to a mechanic to get changed. So far that is the only maintainence we have record of. I am hoping to God that the previous owner did some sort of maintainence on the car. I was thinking that it was time for the plugs to be replaced anyways.

As far as how much oil is it burning? I have no idea. She has only had the car for a few months, and we just did the first oil change. At least now I can monitor it.

On a side note, I noticed when she bought the car that I could see right through the front bumper to the oil cooler? should there not be some sort of cover in the front grill that protects the oil cooler?

I had my GF check the floor of her garage, and she said that there is something near the drivers side that looks like oil. I had her put some cardboard under the car for the evening, so I can go check it tommorow.

I am hoping that it is just an oil cooler line, or maybe even the oil cooler itself, because replacing the engine would really not been a good option right now.

I am thinking that whoever had the car previously replaced the front bumper. because it does not have the front lip like most GT versions have.

The more I research and read, the more I am worried that I am about to open a can of worms with this car.
kyleandmariam is offline   Reply With Quote