View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #10
93rx7r1
Rotary Fan in Training

93rx7r1 is on a distinguished road

I'm not very good at updating this thing haha. Well, I have some down time tonight so I figure I'll try to get caught up.

I did a couple auto x races with the car. I had an absolute blast and I look forward to doing some more in the future. If you've never done it before I'd highly recommend it!

Biggest update since my last post was that I did a single turbo conversion. The timing wasn't exactly planned, but I came across a guy parting out his rx7 & I couldn't pass up on the single parts at his asking price.

It's a Garrett GT35R Turbo, Tial 44mm Wastegate w/ dump tube, Greddy Profec EBC, Aeromotive Stealth fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, KG secondary fuel rail with 1600cc injectors, & I kept my primary fuel rail that has the 850cc injectors in it.

I really enjoyed doing the conversion myself (with exception of the tuning after it was done). I got to learn about the car & feel I have a much better grasp of it, but I know there is still a TON I can still learn about it. I really like how the vacuum system got simplified with the single turbo.

I also was able to source out a nice set of base model black cloth seats. This is a HUGE improvement in my opinion as the leather seats that I dyed black were in bad shape.

Currently my wife & I are in the process of selling our house and moving, so now I'm back to driving it & enjoying it. Hopefully more mods and work to get the car in better shape (body work and just general maintenance) will come after we get moved.

Thanks for looking.

My FD3S Build Thread
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX (daily)
93rx7r1 is offline   Reply With Quote