View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Nismo
400WHP or bust

Nismo is on a distinguished road
Default Sometimes you just have to know when to start over...

Well here is my build thread for my new car. The Jap ratrod has been sent to scrap and should be fridges in no time at all. The goal for this car is to look stockish (other than a Vmount hood), quiet, and very fast.

To build any worth while car, you have to start with a good body, and I found just that on KIJIJI, he was asking $3500 to start, but after some very good negotiating with a nice example of a FC present; Buggy and I drove this thing away for $1200. It's a stock 1986 GXL, with only 117855KM's on it, it was in a minor fender bender at some point in it's life because the bumper, and driver side fender were replaced, now it just has a minor fitment issue with the bumper, I'm sure that can be fixed relatively easy by Classicauto when it get sent there sometime next year.

Here is what the car currently looks like:

Minor misalignment from fender bender:

No rust in the quarters:

Looks like someone pried the lock:

Sunroof with minor rust like every FC:

I guess it got stuck or pushed a lot, nice palm dents:

Clean interior:

Yay!!!:

Engine Bay:

Now for the drivetrain, the stock N/A drive line is getting swapped out for TII setup, (Buggy might part it out but you would have to ask him because he is the owner of the N/A stuff) it's going to be powered by a 13B RE with a Haltech E6X, and some sort of Garrett turbo. I am hoping for 375-400 wheel horsepower at 12-15psi.

Here pics of the Engine:

I will update this as work progresses.

1986 Base-RB Exhaust, HKS filter, Solid Aluminum motor mounts, S5 TII motor, ACT Clutch, HKS SSQV, Light Weight Flywheel, Haltech E6X, 720cc 2ndaries, Koni Yellows, Tein Springs Koyo Rad, 250 WHP 230 FTLBS Stock turbo, and stock IC at 10psi. RIP!!

The daily bitch- 1995.5 Toyota Tacoma- Trueflow airfilter, and Bilstein HD shocks.

2009 Toyota Corolla "S" TRD Filter... 40MPG

Last edited by Nismo; 11-18-2009 at 09:33 PM..
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote