View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #15
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

WE3RX7 is on a distinguished road

I'm in the transition part of my moving to my new home so I'm slacking on having an internet connection right now

Brian is on point about the wheel during a stop. I'm of the same build too and I'd say its a two-hander from a DEAD stop, but that may be different when using the stock wheel w/ larger diameter. Go physics. Other than that, I can't see how it would be that bad at all during motion.

I have the same car and the same rack as what Brian used and will be performing this mod myself in the next few weeks. For years I had the rack simply capped off and there is a noticeable difference even for the few minutes of sitting in his car at DGRR. His wheel was very tight, had no real noticeable slop or play. My capped version "pulses" still on full lock... even sitting still if you give it a full turn you can feel the fluid push back which is a little annoying.

Another thing I meant to ask you Brian was if you had any steering angle kit or spacers on the tie rods? I am going to install the SuperNow tie rod kit when I depower my rack and think this may be another thing that'll help "ease" the pain in low speed parking situations.

Any thoughts/opinions on swapping to a depowered 17:1 ratio'd S5 rack? I have an extra one and may depower both and once the car is on the road again interchange them to see which one I like more.
WE3RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote