Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > RX-8 (2004 - Present)

RX-8 (2004 - Present) All things to do with RX-8

\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n kyleandmariam is offline\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n'; pd[62778] = '\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Old\r\n 12-09-2008, 10:07 PM\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n  \r\n #2\r\n \r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n Phoenix7\r\n
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
kyleandmariam
The Newbie

kyleandmariam is on a distinguished road
Default RX8 burning oil like crazy

My girlfriend just bought a 2004 rx8 with alot of miles on it a couple of months ago. Since then she has had nothing but trouble.

The latest issue is the fact that this car is burning more oil then my mothers old 84 dodge caravan. I was reading somewhere that mazda realized this is a problem and were replacing the engines? Is this still something that is going on? Once again, she bought it used, and I have no idea if it has had the engine replaced before. I noticed that it does not seem to be running at full power? I have read somewhere that you can have leaky seals? She also just informed me tonight that it was leaking something onto her garage floor. Usually these things are nice to know ahead of time, but what can I expect.

I am new to the mazda rotary scene, I am actually an ex-honda guy so I know the best information you can get is from these types of forums. Any other information

Amoung other things, the cd player does not work, and the heated seat on the drivers side does not work either.

I personally would have not bought the car, I would have tried to get something newer, but she went for the price. I just hope she is not getting what she paid for.

Thanks

kyleandmariam is offline   Reply With Quote