Go Back   Rotary Car Club > Tech Discussion > Show your rotary car build up.

Show your rotary car build up. Show off your Rotary Car build!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #136
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

vex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumTT View Post
90/25.4" = 3.5" Maybe buy a 3.5" tip from summit for ~$20?
too big. Honestly the car chemistry ones will probably work fine. May work even better if I pack some of the peripheral chambers with steel wool.

vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #137
classicauto
crash auto?fix auto

classicauto is on a distinguished road

Yes, the car chemistry deal is exactly what I mean by butt plug

You can make your own though, and size your outlet to suit your needs. Some are only the size of a quarter.......
classicauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #138
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

WE3RX7 is on a distinguished road

I think the exhaust question is pretty well answered...

On the EMS though, I plan to use an E11 for now. I used to be a microtech junkie when they first came out, but they had all kinds of issues with the ignition drivers failing, etc and that drove me away. I've heard they've fixed it on the newer models - but I'm going with Haltech as its been used by a few friends of mine (even earlier e6k versions) with good luck and no troubles to speak of.

I want the E11v2 few a few reasons, one being the harness and the fact that it has the additional drivers I wanted, has tons of support and R&D, I like the software, and it too works with the dash display (although I think they have their own brand now too).

NOTHING agains the Motec, and I havent completely ruled it out. My issue is that I do most of my own tuning and have never played with the motec. I feel more comfortable around the haltech. Unless there are some good local rotary guys using Motec that want to sweat it out with me during my learning curve - I'll probably end up w/ Haltech.

Next time we run into each other, you'll have to show me around the Motec system some more...

Vex, if you go Motec, I'd like to be around during the install some and some tuning as well. You can be my guinea pig...
WE3RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #139
FC3S Murray
frustrated!

FC3S Murray is on a distinguished road

I love my Power FC but then again any plug in play with the factory harness for the FC3S is a joy.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #140
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
too big. Honestly the car chemistry ones will probably work fine. May work even better if I pack some of the peripheral chambers with steel wool.
Out of my league at this point. I don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Do you guys remember Dave Segalla? GuitarJunkie. He had this enginuous idea. He used the wastegate actuator off a set of RE twins, built a few brackets, did a few pretty trick things, and plumbed the wastegate actuator with the MAP. So whenever he went over 7.5psi, the actuator would push the little butt-plug out of the exhaust and boom, no more butt plug, ease off the gas, butt-plug. I thought it was pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE3RX7 View Post
I think the exhaust question is pretty well answered...

On the EMS though, I plan to use an E11 for now. I used to be a microtech junkie when they first came out, but they had all kinds of issues with the ignition drivers failing, etc and that drove me away. I've heard they've fixed it on the newer models - but I'm going with Haltech as its been used by a few friends of mine (even earlier e6k versions) with good luck and no troubles to speak of.

I want the E11v2 few a few reasons, one being the harness and the fact that it has the additional drivers I wanted, has tons of support and R&D, I like the software, and it too works with the dash display (although I think they have their own brand now too).

NOTHING agains the Motec, and I havent completely ruled it out. My issue is that I do most of my own tuning and have never played with the motec. I feel more comfortable around the haltech. Unless there are some good local rotary guys using Motec that want to sweat it out with me during my learning curve - I'll probably end up w/ Haltech.

Next time we run into each other, you'll have to show me around the Motec system some more...

Vex, if you go Motec, I'd like to be around during the install some and some tuning as well. You can be my guinea pig...
The E11's don't seem to have the rotary blowing ignition problems that the others do. It could very well be the harness though. No one can say with any certainty and I'm not going to speculate. All I will say is no-one, to my knowledge, has ever had a Motec fire @ 50* BTDC for an unexplained reason.

Tuning with the Motec is a breeze. The I2 software is amazing (the data-analysis) and everything has become pretty intuitive. I never really played with the software from the E11, but the E6 stuff was kind of a joke compared the the V3 software. I never had the pleasure of using the Motec V2 stuff but the V3 is pretty powerful. It's a free download from their website as is the I2 stuff. If you want to DL the software, I'll send you my Map and a few datalogs if you want to play around a little bit. It's really amazing stuff. Dave @ KDR's first time tuning on the V3 stuff was my car. It was seemless. He loved it.

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #141
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

The Haltech Plat 2000 is looking quite nice... Hmmm...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #142
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

Just when I thought I'd have time to breath and take a break from the project... My temporary radiator mount crapped out on me. (I was only planning on it holding out for the summer but it didn't even last through that)

So as it stands i'm going to need to Re-Do my radiator mounts--and I have something that even Brian will take his hat off and like. Maybe even furiously hump it... but we'll see (I noticed a very cheap TIG available through summit... I may have to drop some change on that in the not too distant future). Also today while watching the manifold construction of all the valves for a rocket we're going to be testing at work soon and will be implementing that idea soon. Maybe even the same time as the Radiator mounts. It will be different and quite nice.

I'm also planning on doing a stand alone as the RTek can not be used in my vehicle and depending on how the money issue plays out that might be done this winter if not sooner.

Looks like my project is never done.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #143
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

So WE3RX7 Was able to shadow me this morning while I got on the boost a little bit. He's informed me that I have blow by. Not dramatically, but enough to require my attention sooner rather than later. As such I've started sourcing out electric scavange pumps. I've narrowed it down to two I like--from the same company no less--but just need a little help in directing my efforts with one or the other.

http://www.turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pu.../Exa-Pump.html

Or the

http://www.turbowerx.com/Scavenge_Pu...odel_Pump.html

Honestly I'm leaning towards teh base bodel pump because I don't see a need to spend an additional $130. I can even get the 3/8NPT fittings to be either hardlined, ss, AN, or whatever I want. I'm thinking I might just do it this way and avoid any huge problems with the oil system anymore.

This is all on top of fixing my front end and redoing the radiator mounting. Not to mention tighten up the rear end and possibly rebuild both the transmission, and diff (i'm thinking aftermarket internals or T2 internals if possible).

Last edited by vex; 07-23-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #144
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

So this will mean you will need to add additional oil lines essentially and reuse your existing oil return location in the rear of the pan?

I was thinking if you're going this route you'd want to plug the hole in the rear of the pan and make a new one towards the front, closer to the front cover or even in the front cover if you need to... its just the rear of the pan doesn't drain well for a turbo app and pump/no pump the location of the return is still the issue...

I apologize if this is your plan already, maybe i missed that part, lol...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #145
WE3RX7
RCC Addict

Oh and your car must be louder than i thought inside, lol.. yesterday I rode behind you for a good 3-4 miles before you noticed the horn and even then I was next to you at the light

The jeep is easy to miss though, blends in
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 AM   #146
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

Haha, I actually saw you out the corner of my eye, but I didn't want to look like the crazy person wiggin' out in traffic. I thought I heard a horn, but didn't think it was directed at me--so I ignored it.

My car isn't that loud. It becomes painfully apparent when I can hear other cars road noise, squeaky belts, and other things over my radio. It's also quieter than many others exhaust that I can hear over mine when they're in the opposite side of 29.

As for my plan: I'm thinking of keeping access to the rear and doing a hard line to the pump, and a hard line to the same return point on the pan. It's just easier rather than drilling/tapping/welding a new piece on to the front cover. The oil pan's already tapped and welded up. This will also give me the chance of fixing all the little things while i'm there, as well as give me a chance to change my oil. I'm tired of the 10-w30. I need to go back to the 20-w50.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. I have to accomplish a few things in regards to the car. should be fun.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #147
TitaniumTT
Test Whore - Admin

TitaniumTT will become famous soon enough

Where are these mounts that I am to hump furiously. Ya know, they do call me The Himenator

DEALS GAP!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

2015 Audi S4 - Samantha - Zero Brap S4
2004 RX8 - Jocelyn - 196rwhp, 19mpg fuel to noise converter
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Wifey mobile - Now with 2.5" OME lift and 30" BFG AT KO's! So it begins
1998 Jeep Cherokee - 5 spd, 4" lift, 33" BFG's - Rotary Tow Vehicle
1988 'Vert - In progress
1988 FC Coupe - Gretchen -The attention whore BEAST!

I'm a sick individual, what's wrong with you?
I'm pure Evil
I'm still insane, in the best possible way.
I think Brian's idea of romance is using lube.
Your rage caused the meteor strike in Russia. The Antichrist would be proud of his minion.
You win with your thread. Most everything
It's a truck with a steel gate on the back. Just a statement of fact

Motec M820, AIM dash, ported 13B-RE Cosmo, 6-spd trans, 4.3 Torsen, custom twin wg fully divided mani, Custom 4" split into 2x 3" exhaust, Custom HMIC, Custom custom custom custom I like to welder stuff....
No Bolt-ons allowed. Dyno'ed @ Speed1 Tuned by me - 405rwhp on WG.... WM50 cuming soon.
-Angry Motherf*cker Mode ENGAGED-
TitaniumTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #148
vex
RCC Loves Me Not You

won't start/finish them until i'm back at school